I started posting this last night but it was supposed to be on the children’s blog so I deleted it, but not before accidentally garnering some interest.
So for the Roaring Kate record, this is what the conversation between five children aged 5-7 goes like over a gourmet meal of fish finger sandwiches (and beakers of water, which I said they didn’t have to finish):
- Heidi: My mummy says I have to drink all my water at the table. It makes your poos soft.
- Jonny: Yes, you don’t want hard poos. I have a medicine called syrup of figs to keep my poos soft.
- Sam [J’s little brother]: Yes, Jonny sometimes does very big poos. [Cackling and gesticulating wildly] Sometimes they are even like a LOG!
- Jonny bristles with pride at this.
- Charles [7 going on 57]: Do we really have to discuss this while we’re eating?
At which point the conversation returns to a contemplation of who loves who, and how Jonny can negotiate back a particularly desirable Pokemon card that he’s given/surrendered/swapped with someone in Year 6.